Code of Conduct
MEASURING BROADBAND CANADA - 2019
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (the "CRTC") has established a Canadian Broadband Measurement Project (the "Project") in collaboration with Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) and SamKnows Limited ("SamKnows").
To ensure the effective and unbiased use of the data, and the integrity and validity of study results, this Code of Conduct has been drawn up which each, SamKnows, the CRTC and ISED (each a "Participant") agrees to sign.
The undersigned, as a Participant in the Project, agree with the following principles:
1. At all times during the Project, the Participants agree to act in good faith.
2. The Participants agree not to tamper with the testing infrastructure or methodology, or take any other actions which influence the results of any test, through positive action or omission, for any individual panelist.
3. The Participants acknowledge that it will not be a violation of the principle set out in paragraph 2 above for SamKnows to:
i. Operate and manage their business, which includes modifying or improving services delivered to any class of subscribers that may or may not include panelists among them, provided that such actions are consistent with normal business practices;
ii. Address service issues for individual panelists at the request of the panelists or based on information not derived from the trial; and
iii. Advise their customer service representatives of the identity of subscribers who are panelists in the trial so that those representatives may address service and billing questions.
4. The Participants acknowledge that it will not be a violation of the principle set out in paragraph 2 above to monitor the tests and components of the testing architecture provided that no impact to the CRTC data occurs.
5. For greater certainty, this Code of Conduct does not apply to any SamKnows measurement panel, or any data generated from such panel, that any ISP or SamKnows operates independently of the CRTC Broadband Canada Measurement Platform.
6. The Participants shall ensure that their employees, agents and representatives, as appropriate, act in accordance with this Code of Conduct.