- Sign up to participate in the program.
- If selected, receive a Whitebox.
- Plug it into your router at home.
- Measure your internet performance.
Canada's leading study on internet
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) launched the Measuring Broadband Canada project in order to better understand how Canadians are experiencing internet performance in their own homes.
This study focuses specifically on the performance of fixed wireless Internet services with download speeds of 50Mbps or faster provided to Canadian homes.
The study uses SamKnows solutions for easy data collection and analysis.
SamKnows One Dashboard
Gain full access to your SamKnows One dashboard, a cloud-based web portal where you can view all of your test results.
- Visualise your performance over time
- Track trends and spot problems
- Use simple tools to help understand your connection.
- Measures your fixed internet
- Runs scheduled tests only when you’re not using the internet
- Securely saves the results on SamKnows One
Plug in the SamKnows Whitebox to your router and start tracking your internet performance.
Meet volunteers from previous studies
I do believe your system of monitoring the broadband - expected vs received - service is the best I have seen. Each month, I would look in detail at the SamKnows reports.
The Whitebox helped me solve internet performance issues. It was an objective and independent referee when I experienced bad service.
You can follow, via the e-report cards, the quality of the service you are paying for. And if that can help the CRTC, I think this is a good thing.